Once you reach the top of Mt. Hoven we set out on hike to Oppheimsetra Mountain Farm, and further on a gravel and stone path and return to Mount Hoven via Mt. Skredfjellet.
Price 2018: NOK 1155 incl. packed lunch / NOK 1380 incl. 2 course lunch in Hoven Restaurant.
Round trip over Skredfjellet mountain via Oppheimssætra summer pasture farm and back to Hoven. Parts of the route pass along an alpine ridge that offers a panoramic view of the fjord, mountains and glacier. About halfway, you will reach the idyllic Nøkketjønn tarn. Maybe you would like to have a swim with the Nøkken troll? The walk continues down to Oppheimssætra before turning back towards Hoven on a gravel path. The walk can be done in both directions.
Reaching the top of Mt. Hoven (1011 m) with the cable car you will be rewarded with an unforgettable fjord landscape.
- Meeting point: Loen Active Base Camp in Loen
- Rated: Moderate
- Duration: 6 hours (3,5 hr. hiking)
- Length: 6,3 km / 340 height meters
- Age: Recommended from 8 years.
- Trail: Gravel / path / stone steps
- Remember to bring: Water, hiking boots (can be rented), warm clothes, waterproof jacket + pants,
- Available: May/June-October
- Included: Guide, Loen Skylift tickets and lunch (packed lunch or lunch in Hoven Restaurant)
- Minimum number of guests: 4 persons.
- Maximum number of guests: 12 persons per guide.
Or contact Loen Active by +47 87 57 00 or e-mail email@example.com