Loen Skylift will bring you from the fjord to the top of Mt. Hoven (1011 m) in only 5 minutes, and is one of the steepest cable cars in the world. At the top of the mountain you'll find Hoven Restaurant - a spectacular panorama restaurant with views of the fjord landscape.
Wednesday August 23rd:
Hoven Restaurant will be closed from 14:00 - 22:00 due to a TV broadcasted political debate, regarding the Parliamentary Elections 2017. However the Skylift is open, and the hiking trails are waiting.
OPENING HOURS 2017
Open for groups outside normal opening hours, on request. A la carte daily 11 am - 5 pm. A smaller bar menu will be served after 5 pm, until 9 pm. Hoven Bar is open until 10 pm. Also open on special events - will be announced (full moon, Northern Lights etc.). Times may be subject to change.
PRICES loen skylift summer 2017
- Buy tickets online, on the vending machines in the fjord & mountain stations, or in the ticket office. Please note: Tickets for groups (family tickets, punch cards) and seasonal tickets cannot be purchased from vending machines or in the webshop. Please go to ticket office in the Fjord Shop for purchase of group tickets and seasonal pass.
- Annual tickets can only be bought at the ticket office, by personal attendance.
- Free admission for children from 5 years and younger
- Day- or multiday tickets are personal and cannot be used by others.
- Purchased tickets are non-refundable.
- The guest must hold a valid ticket to board Loen Skylift. The barcde/QR code on the printed or mobile
ticket is scanned at the access gate before boarding. Misuse of a ticket may lead to a fine.
- Hoven Loen AS disclaims liability for changes to or cancellation of an event due to weather conditions
or other conditions that would make it unsafe to operate the cable car.
- For general terms & conditions please read this document.
- Time in Cable Car: 5-7 minutes each way
- Capacity in each cabin: 35-40 persons
- Capacity per hour: 350 persons
- Loen Skylift run continously during operating hours, without fixed departures.
- Loen Skylift and the connecting buildings are handicap friendly