Explore the mountains on a nice trail to Mount Skredfjellet, with panoramic views to the fjord landscape. Our guide will meet you in Loen, bring you on the Loen Skylift and be your guide on the hike.
The package includes guide, ticket to Loen Skylift and lunch (packed or 2-course dinner in the restaurant).
Price 2018: NOK 955 with packed lunch / NOK 1180 with 2-course lunch in Hoven Restaurant.
This route has great views of the fjord, mountains and glaciers and is suitable for all age groups. There is a gravel path from Hoven to Skredfjellet. Some short steep stretches. After a while, there is a view of the fjord and the great valleys towards the Jostedalsbreen glacier. When you reach the ridge, you can see the Sunnmøre Alps in the north and Mount Gjegnen in the west. From the top, you can see the Nordfjord, which is 106 km long. You can glimpse the Skålatårnet tower, 1,848 metres, in the east. Oldedalen valley surrounded by glaciers can be seen in the south.
- Meeting point: Loen Active Base Camp in Loen
- Rated: Moderate
- Duration: 3,5 hours (1,5 hr. hiking)
- Length: 4 km / 155 height meters
- Age: All. Children must be able to walk the distance, or be in a child carrier.
- Trail: Gravel (path / stone steps on Gjølrunden if the group want to include this)
- Remember to bring: Water, hiking boots (can be rented), warm clothes, waterproof jacket + pants,
- Available: May/June-October
- Included: Guide, Loen Skylift tickets and lunch (packed lunch or lunch in Hoven Restaurant)
- Minimum number of guests: 4 persons.
- Maximum number of guests: 12 persons per guide.
Or contact Loen Active by +47 87 57 00 or e-mail email@example.com