A longer hike where you explore the mountain around Hoven. Depending on the groups wishes, and weather conditions we hike to Mount Årheimsfjellet 1007 m.a.s.l. (west) or to Mount Staurinibba 1379 m.a.s.l. (east). The package includes Loen Skylift round trip, guide and packed lunch. The tour can also include lunch in Hoven Restaurant.
Price: NOK 1340/1630 per person
- Meeting point: Loen Active Base Camp in Loen
- Arrival at Mount Hoven with Loen Skylift
- Duration: Approx. 7-8 hours (4 hours hiking).
- Length Staurinibba: 5,4 km / 379 hight meters
- Rated: Moderate/challenging
- Minimum age: 8 years.
- Included: Cable car tickets, guiding service, lunch pack or lunch in Hoven Restaurant
- Remember to bring: Water, hiking boots (can be rented), warm clothes, waterproof jacket + pants, backpack.
- The guide will leave you in Hoven Restaurant, so time of return is optional.
- Min. number of participants: 4. Maximum number of participants: 12 persons per guide.
- Season: May/June - October
Alt. 1: Mount Årheimsfjellet - 6,3 km one way / 340-metre climb
A walk in undulating alpine landscape, with fantastic views of the fjord. You will see more and more mountains and glaciers in the distance as you walk. Large parts of the route are along a mountain ridge. Follow the gravel path to Skredfjellet mountain and on to the narrow alpine path down to Nøkketjønn tarn. From the crossroads at Nøkketjønn, you continue walking in gentle mountain terrain towards the top of Årheimsfjellet. Return by the same route or via Oppheimssætra and along the gravel path back to Hoven.
Alt. 2: Staurinibba - 2.7 km one way/379-metre climb
The peak of Staurinibba is 1,379 moh. You start the walk on a well-maintained path past the north side of Tungegjølet, a steep narrow gully that ends down at Loen. You will walk close to the steep mountainsides, but can safely continue walking on the marked path. There is a steep ascent to the top on the last part of the walk and the path is not as well maintained. The reward that awaits you is well worth the effort – an impressive view of inner Nordfjord.